Cna Job Description
Does the words’ patient, compassionate, personable, and organized describe your character and personality? If so, you may have a good future as a CNA (Certified Nurse Assistant) which is also called as attendants, orderlies, and nursing aids, as a CNA you will provide basic care for the hospital patients, home care, and nursing homes. If you are here, you might be interested in this profession. Before you make any further decision it is important to know about the CNA job description.
Due to the growing elderly population and aging baby Boomer generation, employment in this field is expected to increase by 20% this decade. Profession of CNA has been already in high demand in the long term care facilities in the USA.
Duties Of A CNA
If you are interested in this profession you must understand the kind of work you will have to do if you become a certified nursing assistant. Here we are going to explore the details of CNA job description that you will meet at some time of your career as a CNA. Following are job description which comes under the scope of the duties of a certified nursing assistant.
- Personal Hygiene: It includes bathing and washing of the patients, you may have to assist them in the shower if required. You will have to assist the patients in their grooming which includes trimming their nails, brushing their hairs and others. You will have to assist the patient to change the clothes every day if needed.
- Infection Control: when working in the hospitals or medical care centers everyone should know the right protocol of infection control. As a certified nursing assistant you should be updated on the current measures of infection control by taking the proper courses regularly. When you work as a CNA you will have to take proper measures to minimize he transport and spread of the disease.
- Dietary Care: A certified nursing assistant is also responsible to provide proper nutrition to the patients. You may have to assist the patients with eating sometimes if the patient is not able to eat himself. You will also have to maintain the record of your patient’s diets, it can be called as daily nutrition monitoring.
- Reporting: A CNA has a direct contact with the patient, and it makes you the Frontline person that provide proper care to the patient in need. It is very important for you to be observant, it will help in proper health care planning. It includes taking proper notes on your patient’s health status, their vital signs, output or intake and many others. At the end of your shift you will have to communicate with the CNA of the next shift and share your recordings and observation.
- Administering Treatment: Don’t be surprised, it also comes under the CNA job description. You may have to handle various medical equipments such as anti-embolism stockings, bladder scanners, bedpans, intermittent pneumatic compression equipments, and others. You may also have to assist in administering several treatments such as patient massage.
- Emotional Support: A certified nursing assistant has to cater emotional needs of the patients also. And it is very important, because you will be spending your duty hours with the patients and it will allow you to understand your patient better. You will understand their concerns, fears, and moods, and in this condition you will be the conduit of patient and other staffs.
Now you know the CNA job description, but before taking any decision you must know the essential traits which is required for a certified nursing assistant. It is most important to understand if you are suitable or this profession. The universal concept of this profession is to provide excellent care to the patients. Is short, there are three important characteristics that you should possess to be an excellent nursing assistant, and they are: Compassion, Care and Empathy. If you think you have such qualities then you are suitable for this profession.
This is all about the CNA job description, we have covered almost everything about the job description of a certified nursing assistant. If you still have any questions feel fee to contact us.
Incoming search terms:
- cna job description
- cna job description resume
- cna job description for resume
- CNA job duties
- certified nursing assistant job description
- cna description for resume
- cna job description duties for resume
- cna resume duties
- job duties of a cna